Shopping at Tesco is a common activity for many people, but accidents can happen anywhere, even in a supermarket. If you have been injured in an accident at Tesco, you may be entitled to injury compensation. This article will provide you with information on what to do if you have been injured in Tesco and how to make a claim for compensation.
Average Compensation Payouts For Tesco Injury Compensation Claims
|Type of Injury||Average Compensation Amount|
|Head Injury||£13,000 – £325,000|
|Back Injury||£6,000 – £122,000|
|Neck Injury||£2,300 – £118,000|
|Broken Bones||£1,500 – £76,000|
|Whiplash Injury||£1,000 – £3,600|
|Sprains and Strains||£750 – £6,000|
|Bruises and Cuts||£1,000 – £3,500|
It’s best to consult with our Free UK Solicitors to get a more accurate estimate of the compensation amount you may be entitled to.
Types of Accidents that Can Occur in Tesco
Tesco is a busy environment, and accidents can happen in various ways. Some of the most common accidents that occur in Tesco include:
- Slips, trips and falls on wet or slippery floors, uneven surfaces, or poorly maintained walkways.
- Accidents caused by falling objects, including items on shelves, carts or pallets.
- Collisions with other shoppers, staff or equipment such as trolleys.
- Injuries from faulty equipment or products, such as broken shopping carts or defective products.
Steps to Take After an Accident in Tesco
If you have been involved in an accident at Tesco, there are steps you should take to protect your rights and maximize your chances of receiving injury compensation. These steps include:
- Seek medical attention: Your health and wellbeing are the top priority after an accident. Get medical help, even if your injuries seem minor. This will also create a record of your injuries that can be used as evidence later.
- Report the accident: Report the accident to Tesco’s staff as soon as possible. Ask for a copy of the accident report and keep it for your records.
- Gather evidence: Collect evidence of the accident, such as photographs or video footage of the scene, witness contact information, and any relevant medical records.
- Do not admit fault: Do not admit fault or sign any documents without consulting with a legal professional first.
How to Make a Claim for Injury Compensation
If you have been injured in an accident in Tesco, you may be entitled to injury compensation. Here are the steps to follow when making a claim:
- Contact a personal injury solicitor: Consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can assess your case and advise you on your legal rights and options.
- Provide evidence: Provide your lawyer with all evidence and documentation related to the accident, including medical records, accident reports, and witness statements.
- Negotiate a settlement: Your solicitor will negotiate with Tesco’s insurance company on your behalf to try to reach a fair settlement. If a settlement cannot be reached, your case may proceed to court.
FAQs about Injury Compensation for Accident in Tesco
Question: How much compensation can I receive for my injury?
Answer: The amount of compensation you can receive will depend on the severity of your injury, how it has affected your life, and the circumstances of the accident.
Question: Can I make a claim if I was partly at fault for the accident?
Answer: Yes, you may still be able to make a claim even if you were partly at fault. The amount of compensation you receive may be reduced to reflect your contribution to the accident.
Question: How long do I have to make a claim?
Answer: In the UK, you generally have three years from the date of the accident to make a claim. However, there are exceptions, so it is best to speak to a lawyer as soon as possible.
Background of case:
Mrs. Haley, a 55-year-old retiree, was shopping at her local Tesco when she slipped and fell on a wet floor in the fruit and vegetable section. She suffered a broken wrist and bruises on her face and body. Mrs. Haley was taken to the hospital by ambulance and had to undergo surgery to repair her wrist. She was unable to work for six weeks, and she also had to attend physiotherapy for several months after the accident.
After the accident, Mrs. Smith reported the incident to the Tesco staff and asked for a copy of the accident report. She also took photographs of the scene and collected contact information from witnesses who saw her fall. Mrs. Smith sought medical attention, and her doctor provided her with a report detailing the extent of her injuries and the necessary medical treatment.
Mrs. Smith decided to pursue an injury compensation claim for her injuries, and she contacted our personal injury solicitors to assist her with her case. Our solicitors reviewed her case and advised her that she had a strong case for compensation.
The lawyer contacted Tesco’s insurance company and submitted Mrs. Smith’s evidence, including her medical report, witness statements, and photographs of the accident scene. The insurance company initially offered Mrs. Haley a small settlement, but our lawyers advised her to reject it and negotiate for a higher amount.
After several rounds of negotiations, Mrs. Haley’s solicitor was able to secure a settlement of £20,000 for her injuries and losses. The settlement covered Mrs. Haley’s medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. Mrs. Smith was happy with the outcome of the case and felt that justice had been served.
This case highlights the importance of taking action after an accident, such as reporting the incident, seeking medical attention, and collecting evidence. It also shows that having a personal injury lawyer on your side can greatly improve your chances of receiving fair compensation. Mrs. Haley’s case also demonstrates that it is possible to negotiate for a higher settlement than the initial offer made by the insurance company.
Testimonial – “I cannot thank my personal injury lawyer enough for the support and guidance they provided me after my accident in Tesco. They were able to secure a settlement that covered my medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. Their knowledge of the law and negotiating skills were invaluable, and I felt like I was in good hands throughout the process. I would highly recommend their services to anyone who has been injured in an accident and is seeking compensation.”
Guides and Useful Links
- Citizens Advice – “Accidents in shops and supermarkets”: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/personal-injuries/types-of-accident/accidents-in-shops-and-supermarkets/
- Tesco’s Accident Reporting Procedures: https://www.tescoplc.com/news/2018/reporting-accidents-to-tesco-a-guide-for-customers/
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers: https://www.apil.org.uk/
- The Law Society – “Find a Solicitor” Tool: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/
Why Choose Free UK Solicitors for Injury Compensation Claims Against Tesco
Free UK Solicitors is a law firm that specialises in personal injury compensation claims. Here are some reasons why customers should choose Free UK Solicitors for their injury compensation claims:
- No Win No Fee Claims: Free UK Solicitors works on a no win, no fee basis, which means that customers only pay if they win their case. This gives customers peace of mind that they will not be left with any additional costs if their claim is unsuccessful.
- Experience: Free UK Solicitors has years of experience in handling injury compensation claims and has successfully secured compensation for many clients.
- Expertise: Our personal injury lawyers have extensive knowledge of injury compensation claims against Tesco. We can provide customers with professional advice and guidance throughout the claims process.
- Personal Service: At Free UK Solicitors we offer a personalised service to our clients, providing regular updates on the progress of their case and responding promptly to any queries or concerns they may have.
- Transparent Fees: We upfront about its fees, with no hidden charges or surprises. Customers are provided with a clear breakdown of the costs involved in their case.
Free UK Solicitors offers a reliable and professional service to customers seeking injury compensation claims. With a no win no fee policy, extensive experience and expertise in personal injury law. We have a commitment to providing a personalised and transparent service. Free UK Solicitors is a great choice for those seeking legal assistance for injury compensation claims against Tesco supermarkets.